This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Catalinbread Naga Viper

Here's a versatile boost from Catalinbread. It has its roots in the classic Rangemaster treble booster, but with a silicon transistor, the Range pot varying the input capacitance, and the Heat pot controlling some of the gain. Check out the thread on FSB for discussion, schematic, etc. This is laid out for board mounted pots with the board mounted vertically.


12 comments:

  1. im going to perf this one up soon as i get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can mark the perf as verified - https://s27.postimg.org/7ebq3crkz/Full_Size_Render.jpg

      Delete
  2. No funciona correctamente. Será el cap 3.3nf film???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, its a poly film non electro cap. or any non-polarized cap will work

      Delete
  3. I tried to make it, but it doesn't work, do you have the voltage on C B E?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried this & I cant get the heat control to work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't work and I am too lazy to debug it but at this point it is safe to say that this should not be listed as verified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know if its possible (should be I guess, but how) to make this without any controls? Just a switch and full power or off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I replace the 2N2222A with a 2SD352?
    The 2SD352 is a NPN transistor too, but it's a germanium transistor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It works perfectly. In my case the only problem I had was ground noise when using a DC adapter, but with a battery there is no noise. Is it possible to solve this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't get my build to work, I've check the layout with my circuit and can't see any bridges that shouldn't be there. Eeverything looks good to the eye and I've checked continuity with my multimeter to make sure nothing is touching ground.

    Used my audio probe to trace the signal and it dies on lug 1 of Range pot. Could it just be a dodgy pot?

    ReplyDelete