This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Maestro MFZ-1 FuzzTone

Not the Maestro stompbox that produced the classic "Satisfaction" tone, but a good sounding fuzz nonetheless. This came out during the Norlin era of Gibson/Maestro in the 70s. The original used a TL022 opamp, but I've listed the TL072 because it's more likely to be in your parts bin. I've also up'ed the power filter cap from 2.2µ (which wouldn't do a lot) to 47µ.

Here's a demo of an original:



3 comments:

  1. I take it no one has verified this circuit yet. When I get the time I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verified.
    It sounds OK, but there are more interesting fuzzes out there. This one is polite-sounding and does not do the guitar volume knob clean-up thing.

    ReplyDelete